Make a fast and fun last minute necklace and bracelet for yourself or your BF for Valentine's Day.
A = Miyuki11/0 seed bead
B = 4mm crystals or fire polished
Start by waxing and stretching your thread. Use Fireline*, Nymo D or C-Lon and an #11 or #12 beading needle. Tie in a “stopper” bead, leaving about a 8-10” tail and begin at step #1. *I have recently started using Fireline® fishing line, too. I like 4lb and 6lb Crystal for bead weaving.
The Pattern is Free on this Website.
To Purchase a Downloadable PDF:
1. Pick up 4A, go with thread forward through all 4 beads again. Stack the beads as shown in drawing.
2. Pick up 7A, 1B, 11A, go with thread up through the 3rd and 4th A beads added in step #1 (first time) or the 12th and 11th A beads, step #3 (every time after), forward through the 7 A, 1 B and the 1st, 2nd and 3rd A beads just added in this step.
3. Pick up 12A, go with thread forward through the B bead, the 9th and 10th A beads just added. Stack beads as shown in the illustration.
4. Pick up 7A, go with thread down through the B bead and the 1st, 2nd and 3rd A beads (of the 11A), step #2. Continue with working thread forward through the 4th through 11th A beads (of the 11A), step #2, up through the 2 A beads, added in step #1 or the 12th and 11th A beads, step #3, the 7 A beads added in this step and the 10th through 1st A beads, step #3.
5. Pick up 3A, go with working thread and follow the
thread path in illustration around through the beads on the outside of heart, coming out with thread up through the 12th and 11th A beads, step $3.
6. Continue necklace by repeating steps #2 through #6 until you reach the length that you want your necklace to be.
|7. To add clasp, pick up 3A, clasp, 3A, go with thread up through the 2 A beads in necklace. Continue with thread around through the clasp beads several times. Weave in and end thread. Repeat the clasp directions in the same manner on the other end after removing the stopper bead.|
Simple Bracelet Pattern
8. Follow the necklace directions, steps #1 through #6 and make the bottom half of the bracelet to fit your wrist. Flip the first piece vertically and set it aside. Start a second piece by following steps #1 through $4.
|9. a) Pick
up 1A, go with thread right to left through the 2nd A bead added in the
vertical piece added in step #5.
b) Pick up 1A, go with working thread and follow the thread path in illustration around through the beads on the outside of heart, coming out with thread up through the 12th and 11th A beads, step $3.
Sandra D. Halpenny © 2006 - 2017 All rights reserved
This pattern may not be copied or distributed in any way without the express written permission of the author. The purchaser of this pattern may use the finished piece for personal use and for selling at arts and crafts shows, etc. No mass production of this design is permitted without permission from the author.
MORE Bead Weaving Patterns
Hearts or No Hearts Necklace Pattern
Drop Hearts Necklace Pattern
Hearts #2 Necklace Pattern